1. One way to lose weight is to make your own food every day. This way you can reinvent the way the foods you love are prepared and cut the number of calories that you ingest as well.
One tip is to roast your vegetables before you cook with them. This makes vegetables taste sweeter and makes it less necessary to add butter, sugar or creamy sauces. You can serve them on their own or puree them and use them as a base for stock, dips and sauces. To roast vegetables all you need to do is spray them with cooking ok, coat them lightly and roast in a pan. The result is a low cal solution to flavoring foods.
2. One of the problems of eating low calorie foods is that they taste so bland. Use lots of spices to make them more attractive to your palate. Adding spices and herbs to water oil also helps fiber rich foods like cous cous and rice taste better.
3. You can also prevent adding fat when baking by substituting butters, fats and oils with pureed substitutes. This allows you to retain the moisture in baked goods without giving up any flavor.
4. Yet another trick is to cook with fresh juices and fruits. This can help you cut down on the consumption of fat and sugar in your recipes. You can even add these to savory dishes to give them more oomph.
5. You can also try to use a wire rack when you cook. Placing the wire rack above the roasting pan allows fatty juices to drip down into the pan. You can also grill fish and meats in milk or coconut milk to save money.
6. Yet another solution is to use cooking spray whenever you can. This can save you from eating thousands of calories. Most people fry foods using at least tablespoons of oil which is worth 2100 calories of fat. All you really need is a spray that contains seven calories ìper mistingî of your frying pan or salad bowl.
The point is that you can cook with just about everything else but fat. That way you don't have to add unnecessary calories to the food you are eating. In fact when it comes to being one of the most natural ways to lose weight making your own food is one of the best approaches to cutting calories.